Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I Will"

Nine years ago today "I will," are the words I used as I promised to take Aaron as my husband, to have and to hold from that day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from that day forward until death do us part. Well, I know we haven't been married all that long, but we have experienced better, worse, richer, poorer, sickness, and health in these past nine years. I have to say, I love him much more today than I did then, even though I thought my love could never be greater.

We decided to marry because we could serve God better together than apart (thanks Matt Schantz for that teaching). We strive everyday to serve God better. I have to thank my husband for helping me become a better Godly woman over these past nine years. I look forward to growing even more in my faith with you, Aaron. Thank you for being my leader, my teacher, my encourager, my helper, my friend and loving me as Christ loved the church. You are a wonderful husband, and I honor you today...our anniversary. I pray that I can serve you better each day, as I learn to serve Christ better each day.

To those of you who are married, I encourage you to choose to honor and love your spouse today. God will bless you for that. Remember what a blessing you have in your mate. God wants our marriages to grow and flourish. He wants us to grow closer to Him and each other in the process. Serving God together is always a blessing. May God bless your marriage and your lives today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Hess,

That was buttieful. I would like to say that Arron is a lucky man to have you. Matt Noel

Anonymous said...

Jen
Very well put, Congrats!!! Dave and Kim

Jennifer Bovee said...

Congratulations to you both! How exciting! I remember when you 2 were dating! I was only 17 and didn't know much about love, but i could tell you had something special. God has truly blessed you and your family and I am so happy for you. Happy Anniversary!!!!!
Love, Jenn