Monday, January 28, 2008

The Sickies

Welcome to the Hess Family, welcome to the sickies. It seems as though our entire family has been under major attack lately. Grandma Hess has been sick with a respiratory/sinus infection for a month and she tore her retna last week. Justin and Brenda's family has had the stomach flu and a respiratory thing. Sep and Allison have been through RSV, strep throat, scarlet fever and a small stomach thing. Finally, we have battled RSV, other respiratory/sinus yuckies and now the influenza virus (despite the flu shot). HOWEVER, WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET THE EVIL ONE HAVE HIS WAY WITH THIS FAMILY....WE SERVE A GOD WHO IS BIGGER THAN ALL OF THIS AND WILL HELP US COME OUT VICTORIOUSLY!!!! I only tell you this to ask for some prayer. Also, I wanted to encourage you that no matter what you are facing right now, God is in complete control. His ways are much higher and more powerful than the "yuckies" of this world. If you serve Him, you have access to all His great power. Hang in there, and He'll get you through. You will come out stronger...and healthier. I am claiming this promise, I hope you will too! Lots of love from our home to yours!

2 comments:

Todd and Tracy said...

Sorry to hear about all the sickness going around your family. It's that time of year! Autumn looks so great! Jayna is a cutie too. They both are getting so big!

Beth said...

I had to laugh when I saw your post - we are the sickie cousins down in Virginia! Connor has "THE FLU", Quinn a nasty cough and Ryan a yucky ear infection!

And yesterday I was feeling a little at the end of my rope, just so tired from sleepless nights and reading your prayer just lifted my spirits - so thank you!!

Hope that everyone feels better soon!!!
Love-
Beth, Ryan, Connor, Quinn & #three =)