Monday, October 09, 2006

Busy Day - Day 9

Sorry we didn’t post yesterday, but it was a family visitation day for us and Autumn. We really enjoyed this, but we were all exhausted last night. Autumn had another good day with her dialysis and urine output. She is looking so slender and beautiful! Now, you can see her thin legs and arms. It is a blessing! They tried to take her off the ventilator yesterday, but her airways are just too swollen from the tubing at this point. With some steroids, that inflammation should go down, allowing her to be taken off. We have been reassured many times that her lungs appear to be very healthy. That is encouraging to us! We are just taking things one day at a time and often one hour at a time. We are praising God for each little step!

Jayna went back to Coleman yesterday. Goodbyes were very hard for all of us. However, we know that consistency is best for her right now, and she definitely needs to be in school. She loves school, which is a big help right now. I have learned a lot through this whole situation, but walking by faith and leaving things to God’s control is probably the biggest lesson I am learning. Our girls are God’s. He is their Creator, Provider, Protector, Physician, etc. These ladies are just on loan from Him for us to enjoy, help guide, love and care for. We have to allow God to have to ultimate control. We walk by FAITH!

-Jayna & Autumn’s Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! What a great day for you all, and with encouraging news too! The girls are strong as are you guys! This is all serving a higher purpose by bringing so many different people into the Lords path via your families!
Love you!
Cousin Jenny

Anonymous said...

What an encouragement that little girl and your entire family are to the rest of us. We are thinking of all of you (Aaron, Jen, Jayna, Autumn, Aunt Connie, Sep, Alison, Tucker, Justin, Brenda, Taylor and Carly) often and praying constantly.
Jake, Jen, Lydia and Garret

Anonymous said...

hi Jen and Aaron,
after reading your post tonight, an old childrens song came to mind, and it goes like this...

"I cast all my cares upon You, I lay all my burdons down at your feet, and any time I don't know what to do, I cast all my care upon You."

We continue to lift you "all" up, and know that we will continue to pray for you.

Love Deb Bovee

Anonymous said...

Jen and Aaron
You are right our children are on loan to us and he loves them more than we can, isn't that such an awesome thing to know. When I think of the love I have for my daughters it is hard to believe sometimes that God loves them more but he does. Someone asked me tonight how is the little one doing and I said she is a true miracle from God. We love you Dave and Kim