Friday, October 20, 2006

Day 20 - I Am Thankful

There are lots of things that I have realized that I am thankful for these past few weeks.

  • My Girls (All Three) - I am so thankful that I didn’t lose Jen or Autumn on that day 3 weeks ago. Jen is my lifelong partner and best friend. Jayna has my heart like none other. Autumn is the most precious thing that I have seen. They are all a blessing to me and I love them all dearly. Guys – hug your girls close today. They are special

  • Family – I haven’t been worried about Jayna being away from us when we have been here. Family has stepped up and just cared for her. One less thing that we have to worry about is great. They love her just about as much as we do and are caring for her like their own. They have put our needs above their own. They have been a blessing for sure. Treat your family right. Love, honor & respect them. Lean on them. Help them when they need it. They need you and you need them.

  • Church Family – Where do I begin?Prayers, Calls, Cards, Gifts, Gas Cards, Finances & Encouragement have all lifted our burden.We haven’t faced a thing alone and never will.We will go through this together also.If you don’t have one, find one. Being a part of a church family is just like being a part of a body. One Body, Many Parts, One Function.

  • Our Heavenly Father – He promises to give us nothing more than we can handle. I know that we can do this because of His promises. Matthew 11:28-30 reminds us of this – “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” We have found so much comfort and rest in our Heavenly Father. Even when we haven’t rested well physically, we have felt rested emotionally & spiritually, which has given us the strength to function physically. If you don’t know Him, get to know Him. Ask how. All you must do is ask Him to come into your heart, Receive Him, Repent of your shortcomings, Believe in Him and Live for Him. Do it today.

  • Generosity of Others – Even people who don’t know us have brought us food in Northville, Offered places to stay, and showed us kindness that is a true blessing from God. Co-workers, cousins, friends, aunts & uncles, parents, siblings & lots of other people have showed us kindness. I can’t express our thankfulness for this kindness. We all need to recognize other’s needs and show kindness to them. Don’t wait for a tragedy to show someone kindness or to give to them generously. Do it everyday.

  • Neighbors – I need not worry about my lawn, leaves, mail, paper, or anything else @ home. Neighbors are a blessing. Be a good neighbor. Be the kind of neighbor that other people want to live next to. Take care of each other.

  • Job / Boss – I am thankful for a great job and boss everyday. To be able to go to work everyday is a blessing and something that I never take for granted. But, in this crisis, I am more thankful for a boss / company that understand that my family is my priority and I don’t have to worry about losing my job just because I have to be here. Today, I am thankful that I am still a valued employee of Select Electric, Inc. Be an employee that your boss can’t do without. Someone that will help carry the load when someone else needs you and someone who will be welcomed back with open arms when you are ready to come back.

  • Prayer – Many people have done many great things for us, but none more powerful than praying for us. James 5:16 tells us that “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” (A righteous man being anyone who has accepted Christ as their Savior) I am thankful that I am able to go to our Father and ask Him to heal Autumn, to comfort Jen, to strengthen Jayna, to guide the doctors, to protect me on the road, to give us rest, or anything and he will listen. And if I ask in Jesus’ name, according to God’s will – He will answer me. One of the best things that you can do someone is pray for them. If you are a Christian – you have that ability, so do it. There are people in your life who need prayer; it is the most powerful thing that you can do for them.


There is lots more that I am thankful for. This is just my start. I am thankful for each of you too. I must sleep now. More tomorrow, I promise – be looking for a new family picture.

5 comments:

Stevie Ray & Misty Dawn said...

Words from a man that had a father to show him true love, and where it starts. Thank YOU and the girls for the daily encouragement. You are a blessing to us. May God continue to shine through you and your family!
Love, Steve and Misty

Leavitt Family said...

YOU inspire ME, Cousin! I love you! Tam

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the witness of faithfulness.
-For those who stand steadfast in the face of trouble with their eyes fixed on Jesus, immoveable, sure; knowing where their help comes from, knowing that "all is well" because God is the captain of the ship,even though the sea may toss and turn.
-For those whose lives are a living example of what God desires to do through all those who put their lives completely in His hands. Not perfect, but willing to be molded and shaped by God, rather than their own desires or fears.
-For those who have found God to be true and to be good, in all things.
Yes,I am thankful for those who are remaining faithful to God, over the long haul. Thank you, Hess Family (all of you) for being that kind of witness to the truth.
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Amen! and we thank you as well. You have let us be such a big part of what is happening in your lives and we know that some of these are things that should be cherished by a family (husband, wife and children)in private. We love you all very much. Thank you for your faith and encouragment everyday.
Jake, Jen, Lydia and Garret

Anonymous said...

Good morning to all:
I will be praying (as always) for Autumn as she goes through the MRI and kidney test. Aaron, you are such an inspiration. Jen, Jayna and Autumn are so blessed to have you in their lives as a great husband and father. Aaron, did you ever consider writing a book? Your writings are so encouraging. One should always look to our Creator and you bring that out in all your postings in such a unique way. Keeping all of you in my prayers. Love to all, Aunt Mary Feldpausch