Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day 30 & Day 31

Sorry about not posting yesterday - it was a busy day. They are letting Jen and I do alot more things with Autumn to help us better understand how to care for her. We have been learning how to change the dressing on her IV, how to clean and change the dressing on her dialysis catheter and how to insert and position her feeding tube. It has been great learning these things and while some of these things can be intimidating, we have enjoyed learning and being able to do these things to care for our daughter.

Jayna is down here with us for a few days this week and has enjoyed spoiling her little sister. Yesterday, Grandma took her to a hands on children's science museum for a few hours. They had so much fun and learned some things too. It has been great to have Jayna and Mom around this week.

One last thing - Autumn's BUN yesterday - 26!! Indescribible!!

P.S. - Jen will talk to her doctor at home more today and I will update you on her status sometime later!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "Wonderful", "Incredible", "Amazing", "Awesome" and "I love you guys"
So happy that Aunt Connie and Jayna can be with you guys this week too!

Anonymous said...

God is good...all the time! Love the pictures and daily updates about your lovely daughters. Keep the faith. Remember that God NEVER gives more than He knows we can handle with prayer.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Still praying for your family. James was so glad to catch a glimpse of you on Sunday and get a hug!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that we're praying for you and we really miss seeing you here at church. My parents church in Cadillac is also lifting you up in prayer. My mom asks me each week how Autumn is doing and how her parents are. We have been telling them the great news of all the miracles from God!! The Whittum's

Anonymous said...

Tuning in again from one of the older folks..a little slow, I know. Eventhough I haven't written for a while, I've been uplifting Autumn and your family in prayer..Praising God for His continuing healing. How could anyone not believe that there is a God when they know of Autumns story? My tears flowed when you talked about missing your dad.He is so missed by many. He taught you well. Often life is not always a rose garden. He and (also grandma Olive) would be so proud seeing you standing on the ROCK trusting in Jesus, keeping God in control in everything, knowing where your strength really comes from. I know your thankful for those 31 years with Terry...many children don't get to have what you had and shared in a lifetime or even years or a day. I too, am so thankful for those 3 1/2 yrs with Kimberly Kay (my precious angel). I think often of Uncle Terry and Kimberly when they met that day where everything is so perfect and awsome...I love you guys
Aunt Kay

Anonymous said...

Thanking God for the good bun level. What a miracle that is happening with Autumn. It's great that Jayna and your Mom is with you this week. Hope Jen is feeling better. You are in our prayers.

Love you!
Uncle Tom & Aunt Paula